Location: San Jose, CA
- Lead the mechanical design for revolutionary head-up display (HUD) products for automotive.
- Develop and prototype advanced mechanical designs for HUDs.
- Design and build proof-of-concept prototypes with passive and active mechanically adjustable systems
- for precise positioning of optical components.
- Design and develop motor-based beam steering systems.
- Understand optical systems and develop mechanical designs based on ray traces.
- Engage with external vendors and generate mechanical design specifications for them.
- Identify best manufacturing process and materials.
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in design and development of precision mechanical designs
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to transfer optical designs into working mechanical prototypes including adjustable components
- Extensive experience using SolidWorks
- Experience with Finite Element Modeling and simulations (ANSYS or similar)
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical systems and drives
- Experience with optical mechanical assembly of components
- Knowledge of machining and optical manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of motors and drive systems
- Knowledge of feedback systems
- Knowledge of ray tracing software such as Zemax is a plus
- Product development experience for automotive is a plus