Design and build optical set-ups to support head-up-display (HUD) display development. Design, develop, and test prototype optical designs. Develop tests for HUD products and test automation.
- BS/MS degree with specialization in Optics
- 3+ years of hands-on optical design and prototype building experience
- Proven track record for independent design, hands-on skills
- Proven track record for innovative lens designs and experimental execution
- Extensive lens design experience with Zemax Optic Studio and Programming Language
- Experience with the following analysis types and optical surfaces: sequential and non-sequential analysis, physical optics analysis, freeform and diffractive surfaces, optimization, tolerancing, eye modeling, image analysis.
- Experience working with vendors for making custom parts
- Experience with optical component testing
- Experience with lasers and LED light sources
- Familiarity with MATLAB is a plus
- Familiarity with SolidWorks is a plus